Friday, August 14, 2009

I wanna new drug

I need a new blog.
One that won't make me sick.
One that might make you smile
Won't make me feel three feet thick.


Ah, Huey Lewis...how you sing right to the soul of this world.


Okay, so maybe Huey Lewis isn't the Walt Whitman of his generation, but really, who doesn't like Huey Lewis and the News??

So with all the hub-bub and hulabaloo of my family situation (or dissolution thereof) I've had quite a bit on my mind. To perhaps put it in the simplest terms (and so I don't post another Lifetime movie of a blog-post), I think of the allegory of the cave: we -- my family and I-- all live in a cave, sitting there watching the shadows on the wall. The shadows are all we know: they are our reality. As things have happened, I've started wondering what makes those shadows, and I've turned and started looking for the light source. My family seems content with the shadows, wondering why we just couldn't leave well enough alone. Doesn't mean everything about my family's lives is a lie or something like that. I mean, the shadows are real I suppose...

I could keep going, expanding and explaining, but ah hell, who wants to read that? And, personally, I'm tired of it myself. Time to focus on actually walking around outside the cave, living my own life, with my own family, out in the sun.


In other news, I'll have a 'Quest' update very soon (I'd do it here, but I like to keep those separate).

Also, I start back to work soon. My goal is to not allow work to keep me from posting regularly while simultaneously not allowing posting to keep me from doing things for work...and doing work for my grad classes. But don't worry, work comes first! ( I say since my boss might be reading this...)

One final thing today, for those of you that haven't quite got enough of my family drama (*updated*). Originally, I posted a link to a favorite message board where you could read a copy of my Uncle's email along with some reactions and suggested options for myself. I suppose really there's no harm there, considering my blog tracker says at least 4 of you followed that link before I decided to change it (I had no idea I was that popular). Still, I decided to opt out of linking to the site because, I dunno, maybe the board deserves to remain it's own little corner of the Internet, safe and sound.

Plus I thought it would be more fun to just post a screenshot of the actual email...



3 comments:

  1. I should have mailed those screw drivers out today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD DAMN> I so want to write his sorry ass a letter of my own. I write kick ass nasty grams and he deserves one like nobody's bizness. What kind of human being writes a letter saying things like that? How old is he, 15?
    I am sick, just sick.
    Print out the letter, burn it and never think about it again. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't catch the link to our facebook poll? :)

    http://apps.facebook.com/realpolls/m/e0vmpf7sv

    But in all honesty, he has already done more to himself than I could ever hope to. At this point he is just trying to pull anyone he can to his own pathetic depths. Of course, this also means he is in a perfect position to be pissed on...

    ReplyDelete