Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Photos and Thank Yous

As you can see directly to the right, at last we have our pictures of Joel. They are spectacular photos of our beautiful son. It is a time that stands alone in my memory as one where I remember every second as if it had just happened. I remember and relive in fear that my memory might begin to fade; these pictures give me the comfort of knowing I can let my mind and heart rest a bit.

A special thanks to Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep and to Kathy Morgan. Don't know if I've 'plugged' them before, but NILMDTS is an awesome organization of professional photographers who provide quality and compassionate service to grieving parents and their families. Kathy Morgan is a professional photographer in the WV/OH/KY tri-state area and a member of NILMDTS; she has a warm smile, a great eye, and a compassion that means you're getting a lot more than just a person with a camera.

I said recently that Joel's story is far from over, and indeed we are already seeing that. To read a story about our son's impact on this world, and to see what is perhaps our favorite photo of him, follow this link to (you guessed it) my wife's blog. What can I say? She rocks.


On a different note, I have one final thank you, and it goes out to Mountain State Oral Surgery for putting me on "some Michael Jackson shit" before they cut out my wisdom teeth this morning. Now I know what to request when we journey to NC for my vasectomy reversal next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment