Monday, June 29, 2009

10 days...

10 days??? I'm supposed to post more often than that, right?

Well, I AM writing, just not posting...which I suppose is counter-intuitive when it comes to a blog. The good news is that my wife and I have been keeping busy: trying to fix some things up around the house, going on our first date in 18 months. * YOWZA* Ah, we just knew we needed to get out...and get some drinks in us and try to cut loose a bit. It was a nice time. Hopefully it reminded her why she likes me so much because I know it refreshed my memory.

In a related note: go see The Hangover...unless you're easily offended.... or under 21...

Of course this leads me to one of the topics I've been wanting to touch on, but haven't (and still won't really, because it's late and I have a 'credenza' to put together) : me and alcohol. Looking back on my life, especially high school and the 3 years before I started dating my wife(yes, theres a chunk of time between) I pretty easily came to the conclusion that I am some form of an alcoholic. I would like to say that I can control it, and maybe now I can (I hear emotional baggage laughing), but I certainly didn't in the past.

It feels nice to have regained access to that outlet for myself, and I'd like to think that between watching 2-3 hours of Intervention a week, and having a blunt and forceful wife with counseling experience I have a decent safety net. That or we'll both be on Intervention. Woohoo!


More soon...

Including (...?)
Battling the Basement

OOOOOOOOklahoma

My son's shadow

The Quest

Action 8

1 comment: